Thursday, June 5, 2014

Trevi Fountain

I cranked out a lot of scrapbook pages in April and May, and I think today is a good day to share a layout from our first trip to Italy.


Legend has it that if you throw a penny over your shoulder into Trevi Fountain, you're destined to return to Rome (see the original pics here).  So there's the hubs pretending to throw his coin...he claims I almost beaned someone in the head with mine, but that's hardly my fault because a.) there were too many people crowded around there and b.) you throw the coin behind you so how was I to know and c.) apparently I throw like a girl.  Anyway, here's a detail shot for you:


Love me some alphabet stamps!  That one is Jayne's Type, and those dots under it are from Garden Greetings.  I tell you this because it took me over a half an hour to figure out what stamp set that line o' dots was in.  The shell is from the long-retired Stippled Shells...and this is why I don't get rid of my retired stamps, I used three retired sets on this one layout : )

Thanks for stopping by today.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Stippled Blossoms, Garden Greetings, Jayne's Type Alphabet
Ink:  Pacific Point, Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait, Soft Sky, Basic Gray
Paper:  Peach Parfait, Pacific Point, Smoky Slate, Whisper White, High Tide DSP
Accessories:  1" and 1 1/4" circle punches

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

GREAT photo of you and Lee! Love the colors!

Tanya said...

I like it! And that wavy DP is great- not overwhelming and perfect for a fountain!