Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Flower, Just Because

Who else is freezing today?  It was 19 degrees out this morning when I got up, so the hubs and I threw water on some bushes in our backyard in an effort to create some icicles and take some neat pictures.  Well, the water froze just fine but in most cases it's crystal clear so then the holly leaves just looked extra shiny.  We tried, at least!  I did go out walking this morning to take some pictures of the Spanish moss on some trees near here, and while I was gone one of the dogs (I'm guessing Vader) ate one of my Eos lip balms.  Then my oatmeal exploded in the microwave, and at lunchtime I burned my grilled cheese sandwich but after that I figured that was three bad things in a row so I'm safe for the rest of the day.

So then I made this :)


Just because it's always fun to get mail for no other reason than the sender was thinking of you.  I used the current challenge at Cupcake Inspirations:


I *had* to add some green though.  I also used the current sketch from Freshly Made:


Gotta love a sketch that's non-fussy and easy to work with, which are adjectives that do not describe my girl Sadie.


I mean, I love that she wants to hang out close to me when I'm working in my craft room, but usually she's even closer to my chair so I have a very hard time getting up and moving around, which I do all the time because all my paper and stamps are not within arm's reach other than the stamp sets stacked up on my table and some white paper scraps, which do not a whole project make.  That was a long sentence.

I'm off to go work on another scrapbook layout.  I've got one all done except for journaling, but I want to make a companion layout for it first and then journal on both of them together.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Crazy About You, A Dozen Thoughts
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Pool Party, Rose Red, Whisper White, All Abloom DSP Stack
Accessories:  Scallop circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, Regals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Tanya said...

I like it a lot! And I like your craft space!! Altho I would be terrified to stamp there...I'd drop ink pads and cool things like that. The water on the bushes cracks me up...! :)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

That is such a pretty card Christy! Hazel x

Amy O said...

This is bright and pretty. I love the colors you've used. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

CCsMom said...

Awww, now you know how a mom feels with kids under foot. I couldn't go to the bathroom without an audience for all of the pre-school years. Ha! So funny how these dogs get attached and HAVE to be close to their humans. She does look happy, though . . . even in "sleep".

Oh,and I LOVE the card. It is cheerful and the stamp is great how it "swirls" around. Super cool!

Tina said...

beautiful card, such lovely details...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Sandy said...

Beautiful flower card for such a cold week!!! Let's hope it warms up soon. Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT Sweetie

Terry said...

I like your cards (I like your scapping better though-always have) I'm glad to see your scrapping more at SCS too.

Sadie looks extremely comfy :)
Terry (eeddmm-SCS)