Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sunshine Butterfly

Well, apparently I'm in the mood for sunshine this week.


I didn't think about it until I was almost done making this card, but I just did a sunshine birthday card yesterday.  Oh well, who wouldn't want to get one of these in the mail?


Actually I need this to go off in the mail today anyway :)  I used the bold, bright, and beautiful color combination from Create with Connie and Mary:


I can't help it, I'm a sucker for Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry.  Add in another bright color and I'm all over it.  I also kinda-sorta used the sketch from Retro Sketches:


My intention had been to use the sketch but adapt it to a landscape card instead of portrait, but I kinda moved around the elements so I'm not 100% it counts as using the sketch now.  I do have all the same elements on my card though.

Anyway, we've got book club at my casa tonight, so I need to get started with cleaning up a few things (read:  make it not smell like this house is overrun by dogs, even though it is) and make a coffee cake.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Swallowtail, Feel Goods, Bring on the Cake
Ink:  Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry
Paper:  Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Best Year Ever DSP (Sale-a-Bration exclusive)
Accessories:  Banners Framelits

6 comments:

Mary Brown said...

Ooooo...I haven't used that swallowtail stamp in awhile...how pretty in the white on the Bermuda Bay! Your card would definitely bring sunshine to someone's day! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Ha...never too much sunshine! Love the huge butterfly in the background. Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Deb said...

This is really pretty! Love that butterfly in white against the Bermuda Bay! And what a brilliant idea to highlight the "sunshine"! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The butterfly is a lovely backdrop for the sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

CCsMom said...

LOVE this card. I'm getting ready to ship "my sunshine's" birthday gift off today my own self. And this sunshine card is appropriate as we have very dreary, rainy weather today. You brought some sunshine into it, though! Love you!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the butterfly done in the white ink and I love how you highlighted "sunshine" with the Curry ink! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!