Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thinking of...Hawaii

It's not even 6:00 p.m. here in 'Bama, but it's pitch black outside and it feels a lot later than it really is.  So for today's card, I'm gonna channel some nice island breezes and bright colors...


Yep, that's good stuff.  I even know exactly who I'm going to send this to, and I'm gonna try to get it out in the mail tomorrow.

I told you I wanted to do another card for the Nacho sketch challenge this week:


Having the smaller panels be a flower and a leaf was actually my first idea with this sketch, so it makes me happy.  The color combination from the lovely peeps at the Color Throwdown also makes me happy:


I interpreted this as Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Pink Pirouette (though Pretty in Pink might technically be closer, but I was using all current colors) and Wild Wasabi.  That inspiration photo is gorgeous too :)

That's it for me today; the hubs is about to start dinner, which is a frozen pizza so nothing complicated.  I just wish I could say it was a Hawaiian pizza ; )  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flower Patch, Perfect Pennants
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush, Wild Wasabi
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Best Year Ever DSP
Accessories:  Flower Fair Framelits, Neutrals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, aren't you an overachiever! haha!! this is really pretty--glad you made two this week!

CCsMom said...

I just absolutely love that turquoise color. It is a great pop with just about anything, don't you agree? I'm trying to think of a color I wouldn't like with it and absolutely NOTHING comes to mind. Yay, blues! Cute, cute card, too!

Yapha Mason said...

Gorgeous card!! I love how you used the sketch and the colors. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges this week.

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful card!! I, too, am dreaming of warmer weather!! So happy you played along at CTD!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet card Christie. Love the pretty bloom and the striped background. I can almost feel those island breezes. :) Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Anne Hayward said...

Ah, this takes me to the beach! Great job.