Thursday, April 2, 2015

Eiffel Tower Birthday

So I had this idea with this week's Nacho sketch.


I thought, what if I used stamps to create the two banner-y layers?  So I gave it a try.


It took some finagling with the Stamp-a-ma-jig, and I wish that I'd moved the image panel a little bit further down, but overall I think it worked out okay.  I pulled out some old retired favorites (Artistic Etchings and Curly Cute, still love them both) and used the little doily stamp from Tea Party to complete my collage.  Is it a collage?  It's not a whole lot of elements.  But anyway.

My parental units are on their way out here right now, so I've got a bunch of stuff to do today, like make up the guest bed.  Better get to it.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Artistic Etchings, Curly Cute, Tea Party
Ink:  Soft Sky, Smoky Slate, Elegant Eggplant, Island Indigo
Paper:  Soft Sky, Whisper White
Accessories:  Labels Collection Framelits, Stamp-a--ma-jig

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Love your take on the sketch!!!

Yapha Mason said...

Great card, Christy! I love your interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges this week!

Kathya said...

Really like the soft colors of your card and your take on the Nacho Sketch. Thanks for joining us.

CCsMom said...

Were you going to send this one with me? Not sure we left with it . . .

Anne Hayward said...

Love your idea! Great job!

Jenni Hogan said...

Great Card!!! Thanks for playing with us this week!!! I like your choice of the softer colors!!!!