Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Flashback: Confetti

Man, I was doing really good this week with having posts written and scheduled the day before they were to go up, but I think I'm coming down with something right now :(  So I made my card yesterday but didn't get the post done.  Anyway, welcome to this week's Friday Flashback, which features the background stamp set Confetti!

Also features Baby Tees, Sweet Essentials
There are six stamps in the Confetti stamp set, and I love that little alphabet one for baby cards.  I don't know why I think that baby stuff should have the alphabet on it?  But I do.  Hey, I like the layout on this card, I should use that again.

Also features Fintastic
If you click on that pic to see it bigger, you'll see the little polka dot bubbles on the background paper on this one.  I think that's about the only time I used Fintastic, but I was super excited to get it and I'm sure I'll use it again somewhere else.

Also features Baby Bundle
One last baby card for the Flashback part, I'm not sure how all my projects with Confetti ended up being baby-centric, but as it turns out my new card is also baby-riffic as well!


I did try to let Confetti be the star of the show on this one, with the polka dots on the Pistachio Pudding piece and the heart background underneath.  I used the sweetheart punch to cut a heart out of the Pistachio layer so you see the card base through it.  The "baby" is from All-Year Cheer II and I just hand-wrote "hey" next to it.  Seems like everyone I know is having boys right now, but sooner or later the pendulum will spring back and someone will have a girl and I'll have this card all ready and waiting.

I used the color combo from Colour Me...!


And the awesome sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, super easy to work with this week:


So there's your Friday Flashback for this week!  Hope you have a great weekend, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Confetti, All-Year Cheer II
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Pistachio Pudding, Rose Red
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White
Accessories:  Sizzlits labels (I think they're retired), Sweetheart punch, Dimensionals

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

I love those colors for a baby girl for sure. SO cute. And it's a great idea. The "hey" so totally looked like it was part of the stamp. Good job, Kik!

Hope you are feeling better. I'm fixin' to go home early to supervise the installation of a new garage door. See, that's part of the "joys" of home ownership you are missing out on. This will be door #3 -- I guess it's one for every decade cuz we're coming up on being in this residence 30 years.

Jenny Engelke said...

Way cute! I love the sentiment you chose..."hey baby". That is so clever! Thanks for playing along at Colour Me!

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable baby cards! Glad you shared one at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Great baby cards! I do love the baby carriage and the little onesies! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

I just love how you stamped the hearts in the heart window under the confetti! Very clever :D Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Colour Me challenge this week!