Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday Flashback: Upsy Daisy

Happy Friday, peeps!  Are you ready for a Friday Flashback?  This time it's a short one; the stamp set today is Upsy Daisy and while it's super cute, somehow I only have one card in the archives.  Not sure how that happened.

Also features Heard from the Heart

The flower silhouette image is the only image in the set; it also has three sentiments.  So yep, that's the Flashback card, and here's today's brand new creation:


I stamped the image with Mint Macaron ink, then sponged the panel, and then stamped the image again with Versamark and heat embossed to give it a little extra interest.  I didn't get the second image lined up perfectly though, you can see it if you look especially on the right side, but I kinda like the effect so I'm okay with that.  I kept thinking I should add some pearls or some paper piecing, but I couldn't figure out where or how to do that so I left it as-is.

I flipped this week's Freshly Made Sketch 90 degrees for my card:


I also extended the strip in the background so it went to the edges of the card front, that was just to hide the edge of the background stamp since I didn't get it completely straight.

I also used this week's Pals Paper Arts color challenge:


This challenge was interesting to me, but I'm not sure how much I like Mint Macaron and Pool Party together.  Seems to me they're a little bit too close in color for my tastes but hey, I gave it a shot.

Hope you enjoy your Friday afternoon!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Upsy Daisy, Filigree
Ink:  Mint Macaron, Pool Party, Tip Top Taupe, Versamark
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Pool Party, Whisper White, Cherry on Top DSP Stack
Accessories:  Clear EP

8 comments:

Unknown said...

very pretty. could put some pearls in a line under "on my mind"

CCsMom said...

Hey, I DO like that 2nd card, but the first one is my fave of the two. It probably is the color combo.

Hope you are having a good afternoon. Anything going for this weekend?

Tanya said...

Very cute- both cards! :)
I used that set to death... turns out I still really like it! :)

Michelle Gleeson said...

Such a clever throw back post! I love the new version. The colors are soft and the clear embossing of the flowers make them dance off the card. This could be a beautiful sympathy card as well. Thanks for playing with the Pals this week.

Jen Timko said...

Awesome flashback! And I love the update! So pretty in these colors. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Patti MacLeith said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining PPA this week. Please come back soon!

Michelle Quinno said...

Such a pretty card! I love your embossed flowers.

Sandie Conner said...

Very pretty! Thanks for having fun with the PALS this week.