Thursday, March 3, 2016

Just Hanging Around

Ya know, sometimes I get an idea stuck in my head and I just have to make it as soon as possible.  And sometimes that idea turns into a bear hanging out on a card.  Like this.


I don't hardly ever do punch art, but I got the idea for this bear and it just wouldn't leave me alone, and when I saw this week's color challenge at Create With Connie and Mary, I couldn't resist making a black Baylor bear card.


Well, it doesn't have green, but I think Hello Honey is close enough to gold :)  Basically I pulled out every single SU! circle punch I have and just experimented with different sizes for my bear.  The black part of the eyes is actually a Word Window punch cut in pieces to fit on the smallest circle punch I have, and then the toes are made with a little hole punch.  I'm kind of in love with the hearts for the  nose and feets.  I wanted to use Hardwood for the background, but I didn't want it to be overpowering, so I used a sponge to ink up the stamp and that worked out way better than I even thought it would so yay.

The sketch at Fab Friday was actually what gave me the idea for the bear, but I'm too late to link up over there:


And my bear is a bit of a stretch on the sketch anyway, but I do still have elements above and below the horizontal strip.  Ah well, I love how my bear turned out and I hope you liked her too :)

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hello, Botanicals for You, Hardwood
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Hello Honey, Whisper White
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Cajun Craze, Hello Honey, Basic Black
Accessories:  multiple circle punches, Word Window punch, hole punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack heart

10 comments:

CCsMom said...

This is SO CUTE, Kik!!! I need to "case" (is that what you say?) it for a card to Liam. He would LOVE it. PERFECT.

CCsMom said...

Oh, and this reminds me of how I did the little Easter bunny on your apron -- same thing with the sign. LOVE that!

Jenny Engelke said...

Whoa!!!! This is super, super, SUPER CUTE!!!! You completely rocked the sketch and the colors! I love the heart on the bears little paw...so clever! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

AB. said...

Waaah - super cute!!! The heart punches look adorable!

Chris Slogar said...

Adorable, and oh-so-creative and clever! So cool that the bear is hanging from the sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Oh my word...your little bear is just THE CUTEST!!! Love all the punches you used for it and GREAT use of the colors! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

SO cute! I love the Black Bear punch art!!! It works so great with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Unknown said...

What a cute punch art bear and I just love the way he is hanging off the sentiment! Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

CarlavdM said...

My goodness what a super card you have made. I love bears and he is just adorable.

Donna said...

This is THE cutest bear I've ever seen! Love it so much!

Thank you for sharing.