Saturday, March 19, 2016

Baby Books: August

Guess what, y'all?  This is the last month layout from the twins' baby books that I have to share.  There are a couple other layouts but this is the last of the monthly ones, and it's DINOSAURS.


Kinda fun, right?  The big leafy pattern is from an old pack called Island Oasis, and even though it's just monochromatic Old Olive, I used that pack for color inspiration for the rest of the layout.  I figured the Rose Red was something a little different but not pink enough to be really girly.


I did half of the dinosaurs with the silhouette and the other half bones just for funsies.


Can't have a dinosaur layout without a T-Rex.


And the journaling block accent is dino tracks.  Ha!!


Today's color palette:  Pumpkin Pie, Island Indigo, Rose Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, and Whisper White.  I think next time I might switch out the Saffron for a more saturated yellow, it seemed a teensy bit lost to me with all those other strong colors on there.

That's it for me today.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  No Bones About It
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Island Indigo, Rose Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Island Indigo, Rose Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Whisper White, Island Oasis DSP
Accessories:  circle punch, Sizzix Alphabet

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

AWESOME. I cannot believe how much little boys LOVE dinosaurs!!! They ALL seem to. I guess because they are so large and scary. LOVE IT!!! Great job, Kik!