Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Best Wishes Butterflies

Mornin' y'all, how's it going?  My little girl dog is desperate to go on a walk this morning so I'd better type fast :)  This past Sunday was the first day of spring, so I have an appropriately springy card for today:


Orange and green were my parents' high school colors :)  But the inspiration for today's color combo comes from Cupcake Inspirations:


I used Pumpkin Pie, Cucumber Crush, and Pear Pizzazz for my SU! colors, which would be the world's weirdest salad:  pumpkin, cucumber, and pear.  I hate eating cucumbers but I like the SU! color.

Anywha, I also used the latest sketch from Fab Friday:


And the latest CASE the Designer challenge from Global Design Project:


I kept the neutral card base and black mat (though the inspiration card used patterned washi tape and I just used plain ol' black cardstock), and my colors are kinda similar.  I thought the asymmetric mat on the Fab Friday sketch would correlate nicely with the ribbon placement, and since I don't have any wreath stamps I thought that sentiment from All Boxed Up (which I just got recently) would work well because it has a circle around it.

Okay, I must succumb to puppy dog eyes and take my lil' girl and her brother out for a walk in the nice spring weather.  Wait, it's in the 40s and windy.  Well, it's not raining so we're going anyway...cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Watercolor Wings, All Boxed Up
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Cucumber Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie & Cucumber Crush DSP
Accessories:  Linen thread, Dimensionals

13 comments:

Heather said...

Christy, this is simply gorgeous! I love your butterflies in these colors, and what a great use of that sentiment with this set! Off for a weird salad now, lol... Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

CCsMom said...

Love, love, LOVE the butterflies, Kik. They are awesome. And the colors are great.

Did I tell you we got airline tickets (really GREAT price) for the 45th class reunion October 1st? So excited!!! I think the tickets were $120 each. I can handle that!!!

Paula Dobson said...

Christy, I like how you thought about each element of Jess's card, even those you didn't personally have, and came up with a completely unique card that still wow's. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us.

Julie DeGuia said...

Very pretty! I think the sentiment works nicely in place of the wreath element... this stamp set is on my wish list and I enjoy seeing cards made with it.

Sandy said...

Very pretty and yes, springy! I so look forward to seeing butterflies and flowers soon. Thank you for participating in our challenge this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT

Jess said...

Gorgeous creation as usual Christy! So honoured to have you CASE me and join in with this week's Global Design Project challenge!

Brian King said...

What a lovely combination of these challenges! The colors work perfectly with these images and the influence from Jessica's card. Thank you for playing along with this week's CASE the Designer Challenge at Global Design Project and the FabFriday sketch challenge - glad you did.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, DT Sweetie -

Amy Downing said...

Love this! Love the gorgeous colors and your strips of dsp! I am really drawn to the colors overall!

Unknown said...

Great combination of these challenges. The colors are beautiful for the butterflies. Thanks for playing with Global Design Project.

Brenda Myers said...

Very pretty card!! Love the butterflies!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

Amanda Mertz said...

What an awesome color combination! I love the orange and green for the butterflies and that sweet little bow! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Love the colors and you can't go wrong with butterflies. I also like the linen thread very much! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!