Monday, March 28, 2016

Russ' Olympic Visit

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  How was your Easter weekend?  We went out to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.  I think that if I could choose one celebrity to have lunch with, it would be Nia Vardalos.  She just seems like she would be every bit as warm and funny and amazing in person as she is on the big screen.

Anyway, it's time for a scrapbook layout!  And here comes one right now.


This was when my uncle came out to England for two weeks during the London Olympics; see the original pics here.  I knew I kinda wanted to do red, white, and blue for colors, and then I thought of the Fresh Prints (of Bel Air, that will never not be a thing with my brain) and that's how I got to here.  Kinda digging the Coastal Cabana page base with these pictures.


The Crumb Cake pattern is cut with the Party Pennants Bigz die, which is still on the clearance rack on the SU! site.  It wasn't until after I cut out the letters that I realized it was going to have US on the pennant and the other two letters hanging off, but let's just say it's a subtle nod to the US Olympic team shall we?  And be happy that my uncle's name worked out that way.  I'm a dork.



These stamps are *cough cough* not SU!, but after living in England for 3 1/2 years I *had* to get them.  Because SU! hasn't ever had British stamps like these, otherwise I would own them.  Anyway, the Fresh Prints (of Bel Air) paper is a mini stack, so I couldn't do borders with it or anything, which is why I ended up just using small pieces of it punched out in circles.


Today's color palette:  Coastal Cabana (and lots of it!), Real Red (I just had to buy more Real Red cardstock, I was running low), Crumb Cake, Pacific Point, Basic Black, and Whisper White.

Hope your week is off to a good start.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Tall Tales Alphabet, Calendar Alphabet & Numbers, non-SU British stamps
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Pacific Point, Basic Black
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Fresh Prints (of Bel Air!) DSP Stack
Accessories:  Party Pennants Bigz Die, Circles Framelits, 1 3/8" and 1 1/2" circle punches

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Great British stamps, Kik!!! I cannot believe how close you can get to the wax figures at Madame Tussaud's museum. I never in my wildest thought they would let you up NEAR the figures like that. Weird!!!

Great layout!!!

Tanya said...

I love the British stamps! :) And the DP and the fun colors!