Thursday, January 19, 2017

Love & Hugs

Hey kids!  Apparently my new year's schedule doesn't include posting on Wednesdays, this is the second week in a row I haven't gotten to do a card for the middle of the week.  Guess it's just too much to go to the gym, do the grocery shopping, make lasagna and get a blog post in ;)  But now it's Thursday so I've got something to share!


This isn't a great picture of this card, I took more than one and just couldn't get a really great one so trust me when I say this looks better IRL.  And it's a triple challenge card, starting with the Cupcake Inspirations color challenge:


At first I thought baby with those colors, but then I decided to make the card a little more generic 'cause love and hugs could be for anything.  Babies included ;)  I used Marina Mist and Blushing Bride as my SU! colors (and of course gold is still gold).

I also used this week's super-simple-but-fun Freshly Made Sketch:


Love sketches like this that are super easy to work with, I could use this one again and again.

And finally, I chose my stamp set because of this week's What Will You Stamp? challenge:


Combined with the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits, you can make all kinds of sentiments with this.  Thanks to the What Will You Stamp? crew for encouraging me to dust this stamp set off :)

Okay, chatting with Missy so I'm out.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sunshine Sayings
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Marina Mist
Paper:  Whisper White, Marina Mist, Blushing Bride DSP, gold foil
Accessories:  Sunshine Wishes Thinlits, Metallic Enamel Shapes

11 comments:

Stampingcountry said...

Such a sweet and simple card!

Birgit said...

What a great take on this week's colors. Your card is adorable!! So glad you linked up to this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!

Wendy Bellino said...

You're right, love and hugs go with everything! The brushlettered "love" is fabu, it made a great focal point! Nice way to tie everything together with the gold enamel heart. So glad you joined us at Cupcake Inspirations! Wendy DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Jenny Hall said...

I love the look you've gotten with adding the designer paper. Well done! Thanks for joining us this week at WWYS :-) -Jenny Hall

cm said...

From the polka-dots, to the 'scribbly' flower, to the eye-catching gold love, your card is sheer delight! Beautiful! So thrilled you shared this gem in the Cupcake Inspirations gallery!
~carol

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Naki said...

Aww, this is so very pretty! I LOVE the gold sentiment in the center! Thank you so much for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

EK Gorman said...

This is a perfect card. I don't know what you're talking about it looking bad in the photo. If it looks better IRL, I am terrified to know good it looks. (And I want to let you know I am struggling with some of my schedule for the new year too). Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.

Sue Vine - MissPinksCraftSpot said...

Beautiful Card! Thanks for joining us this week at WWYS

Kim S said...

LOVE your use of the colors and the sketch! Your sentiment and flower placement on the panel is just right! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.