Saturday, September 8, 2018

So Ready for Fall

Okay y'all, it still feels like a swamp where I live, but I'm keeping hope alive that temperatures will drop to something comfortable and I won't mind the 9000% humidity as much when it's not also 95 degrees.  I'm so ready for fall, y'all.

The good news is that my craft room is actually pretty chilly a lot of the time, so at least it feels like fall when I'm in there :)  So I made a fall card to share today.


I need to bust out Rooted in Nature more often.  I made this right before the hubs and I took the kiddo out to get dinner last night so I kept it pretty quick and simple, which I was able to do thanks to the Fall-To Layout I used:


It took me no time at all to choose colors for my card; I love the way Grapefruit Grove (the patterned paper strip) plays with Cajun Craze, and Mint Macaron plays well with almost everybody.  I was glad of a reason to use that big cross section stamp even if I did cover up over half of it with my leaves ;)  Actually I had to stamp the cross section and the leaves twice; some of my ink pads are still overly saturated so my first try looked like this:


You can't see nearly as much detail on these pieces, particularly the cross section and the Cajun Craze leaf.  For the cross section, what worked better for me was to ink up the stamp as usual and then use a sponge to take off a bit of the excess ink.  The Cajun Craze ink pad was SO juicy that I used a sponge to ink up the stamp rather than pressing the stamp into the ink pad at all.  I did the Mint Macaron leaf the same way I did the cross section, ink up then sponge off.  I love my sponges, but SU! changed theirs a few years ago to where they have sharp edges rather than tapering and I don't like them nearly as much.  I need to check out a craft store and see if they have any of the type of sponges that I like.

Anyway, y'all have a great weekend.  I just had to make a card for today since I missed posting on Thursday...I hope Ryan isn't trying to stop naptime altogether.  I am NOT ready for that!

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Rooted in Nature
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Mint Macaron, Early Espresso
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Thick Whisper White, Nature's Poem DSP
Accessories:  Nature's Roots Framelits, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Wow! Gorgeous card, love these colours!