Monday, September 17, 2018

Typhooooon!

Well, we made it through the hurricane, but it's not over yet:  schools are closed today and tomorrow, and there's no childcare at the Y either so I need to figure out a way to entertain Ryan by myself so he doesn't drive me crazy.

In the meantime, I dug out this layout from our one and only typhoon in Japan:


It happened less than a month before we left Okinawa in 2010, and it was a little one, just enough to get out of work for a day and it just rained a lot.  There was some damage on the north end of the island but where we were it wasn't scary at all.

As for right now, the pond in our backyard is covering the bottom two steps of our dock and the yard is super-saturated with water, but we're in no danger of flooding.  It stopped raining yesterday afternoon though we're still socked in with clouds.  It could be much, much worse--I have friends in Charlotte who had to evacuate their house because it flooded; they're likely to lose most of their stuff.  Wish I could do something to help them out.

Stay dry, friends.

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  None
Ink:  Brilliant Blue
Paper:  Tangerine Tango, Groovy Guava I think?, Whisper White, Brilliant Blue DSP
Accessories:  Lettering template

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I love this title!
Too bad we can't share...I'm finally going home after being evacuated for 8 days for wildfires. No structure damage despite it being a massive fire, so we're feeling very blessed. But the fires will smolder til the first snowfall... too bad we can't share. ;)