Tuesday, September 18, 2018

A Suite Combination

Hey kids!  We're still waiting for the flood waters to go back down here.  It's not a problem at my house, but there is a river here so a bunch of other places are having trouble.  I'm ready for everything to go back to normal!  Plus I need to go back to the gym because #hurricanebaking, haha.

In addition to baking (and eating), I made this card while the hurricane was here doing its thing on Thursday (hubs and I switched off every hour who was keeping the kid entertained, which was awesome for both of us).


I used a combination of two suites here, the Tropical Escape suite and the Eclectic suite (well, it was a suite in the last catalog--now it's just a coordinating stamp set and Thinlits).  First up I used the colors from the Fab Friday color challenge:


Can a color palette be jewel tone and pastel at the same time?  Because I feel like this one is.  I managed to work in all five colors and I *think* they all look like they're supposed to be there.  Whee!

I paired all those colors with the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch:


That grill-looking element on the bottom reminded me of the die in the Eclectic Thinlits.  I'd never used it before so I was happy to take this opportunity to bust it out.  I just adhered some DSP on the inside of the card; it doesn't bother me to see the other side of the pattern on the inside of the card, but you could cover it up with more white cardstock if it bothered you.

Wish me luck keeping Ryan entertained again today.  We went to Joann's yesterday and he had to touch All The Things but at least he wasn't pitching a major hissy fit like some other kid in the store was.  He's even pretty good about putting things back where he found them when I tell him to.  As long as he's behaving and not damaging things, I'm okay with chasing him around stores to let out some energy.  Because stores are more fun than the same old boring house you see all the time, right?

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Tropical Chic, Oh So Eclectic
Ink:  Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Tranquil Tide, Balmy Blue, Powder Pink
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Tranquil Textures DSP
Accessories:  Eclectic Layers Thinlits, Tropical Thinlits, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

You definitely nailed this color challenge! I love how you incorporated the blue behind the eclectic die cut. A perfect hello card! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

What a wonderful combo to deal with our colors - I struggled so much, lol. This effortless, and PERFECT! So glad you weathered the hurricane OK - stay safe! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

CCsMom said...

Very nice!!!

So does Ryan "feel" the fabric, too? If he does, he must take after his Mimi because I do that, too! Ha! LOVE IT!!!

stampwithamyk said...

How pretty! You've used those colors perfectly, love those two-tone flowers! Thanks for joining us a Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!