Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Polar Plunge

I've got lots of friends and family in Texas so I've been seeing a lot of chatter on Facebook about the recent snowstorm and issues with power outages and pipes bursting.  So if you're dealing with any of that, I hope you're staying warm and safe and that things get better soon.  As it turns out, I have a polar card to share today.



My friend Sarah is obsessed with polar bears so as soon as I saw the Festive Friday challenge for International Polar Bear Day, I knew I had to make a card for her.  This is my first try at using the blending brushes and, um...I need to practice.  Anyway, Polar Bear Day challenge!!


I use Stampin' Up! stuff only 99.999% of the time but they have a serious dearth of polar bear stamps--and bear stamps in general if you want my opinion.  If they came out with a punny bear stamp set along the lines of Way to Goat or Zany Zebras, I would buy the heck out of that.  Anyway, back to the challenge, I dug up a Whipper Snapper stamp for my polar bear, I used a lot of blue, there's some silver, and I added some bitty snowflake embellishments around the sentiment, so I managed to use half of the inspo list.

My polar pals fit in with the theme challenge at Global Design Project:
 
And I was tickled to use the sketch from Fab Friday:


I needed a sketch that had a large space for my image, so this fit the bill perfectly.

Okay, sounds like Ryan just upended the bucket of 1500+ Legos that his grandparents sent for his birthday (not sure what we did to make them angry but Legos all over the house is definitely revenge for something) so I'd better go put some shoes on and supervise the mess making.  Cheers!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Peaceful Moments, main image from Whipper Snapper
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Balmy Blue,  Stampin' Blends in Balmy Blue, Smoky Slate, Mango Melody
Paper:  Balmy Blue, Thick Whisper White, silver foil
Accessories:  Hippo & Friends dies, Rectangles Stitched dies, snowflake embellishments, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

I think your blending is great; it's a nice winter sky! Very cute image and I like the details of the stitching on the layers and the itty bitty snowflake embellishments! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

So cute, Christy - and a great response to all the crazy winter woes in TX - my Dad lives outside Austin. Such cute images here! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

What a sweet image! Love the sentiment too, perfect colors! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!