Tuesday, February 2, 2021

SUO Challenges: Gifts, Tags, Boxes, & Bags

Gooooood morning stampy friends!  It is time for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


 
And this time around it really was a challenge for me because we're doing 3D items (gifts, tags, boxes, and bags) and 3D is Not My Thing.  I had been mulling this challenge over in my mind for weeks (the DT has the list of challenges for usually several months in advance) and then, one day last week, I took the last two tea bags out of a tin and I had an idea.  I buy quite a bit of tea from Republic of Tea and I just hate to toss the tins when they're empty so...why not alter it?  Here is what I made:


So the tin is about 5 inches tall (not counting the top).  I peeled off the original label and discovered it was about 8 1/2" long, and I had the most recent Paper Pumpkin kit on my craft table so I grabbed one of the card fronts from that to wrap the cylinder.  If I had it to do over again I think I'd choose a regular patterned paper; the card front is heavier weight, more like cardstock, which makes it a little more difficult to wrap around a round object.  Definitely use some heavy-duty adhesive.  I added a cardstock band and then a stamped/die cut the main label part.


And then I filled it up with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, because who doesn't love those :)  I think this would be a cute little gift for Valentine's Day or anything else really--yeah I used Poppy Parade but there's no hearts so it's not strictly Valentine's Day themed.  Now I sorta wish I hadn't left all my other tins in storage but I've been collecting them for years and this is the first time I've actually done anything with one of them, haha!  I'm going to keep this in mind for when Ryan starts school, I think these would be cute for teacher's gifts.  Plus I never turn down an excuse to drink more tea.

So now it's your turn to make something three dimensional and share with us on the SUO Challenges blog.  If that is Not Your Thing either, be brave and try something new--I did, and I really liked what I ended up with!  Now I just need to concentrate on not eating all the peanut butter cups...

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Nothing's Better Than
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White, card front from January 2021 My Paper Pumpkin kit
Accessories:  Layering Ovals dies, Love You More Than dies, black ribbon from January 2021 My Paper Pumpkin kit

2 comments:

Anne Ronsky said...

Very cute project, great idea to use a container you already have :) I love the sentiment, definitely me! Tee hee enjoy your yummy treats :) many thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Love this idea! So did you use a fruit or veggetable can?
thanks,
Barb