Friday, March 1, 2024

Bear

That's it, just bear.  Bear is today's card. 

Bear.


This is the one that I was going to post on Wednesday and then cute cows happened : )  Anyway, I started with the CAS Colours & Sketches sketch:




And I paired that with the Card Concept inspiration:


I really did try to keep it CAS for the CC&S challenge but I'm not sure I managed it, this looks more like either the clean & layered or clean & graphic style.  I would have gone for a moose like the inspiration pic, but my moose punch isn't working quite right and I forgot to have the hubs take a look at it when he was here for Christmas.  So I went with a bear, and also this is the quilt on my bed right now:


I got it on Amazon, I do love it.  It's a lighter weight than the comforter we have, and I tend to get hot at night so I've been using this.

Anyway, we're preparing to move again this summer so I've spent the past few days looking at pictures of dozens of houses and I think my eyeballs are about to cross.  I've come up with a motley list of things I like, things I don't like, and one thing I saw that felt like an assault to my eyeballs and I wish to press charges against two different houses:  CARPET IN THE BATHROOM.  Like, whyyyyyyy.  Ew.

Anyway, that's it for me today.  It's March 1, so kiddo and I will be going on our ice cream date after school today--we have officially made it through 8 months of this year-long deployment!  So that definitely warrants ice cream.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Wildlife Wonder, Perennial Postage
Ink:  Pecan Pie, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Thick Basic Vanilla, Shaded Spruce DSP
Accessories:  blending brush

3 comments:

Rachel D said...

I like your bear, Christy - he has no nonsense style! Love how you used our sketch this week. Thanks for joining in with us at CC&S!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is fabulous, Christy. The bear is the perfect critter for your wildlife element. I love it when I see people use what they have and make it work. That's what I did as well. However, it did leave me wanting a moose die or stamp (lol).
Thanks so much for sharing your awesome card with us at The Card Concept. We really appreciate you taking the time to play along in our challenge and it's clear to see how you were inspired. Please join us again soon.
Karen L, DT Member
The Card Concept
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Michal said...

Okay, I think it's super cool that you used that amazing quilt as inspiration for your card!! That bear is AWESOME. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!