Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Rainy Day Blues

Mornin' y'all!  I had a good time in my craft room yesterday and made THREE cards that I'm quite pleased with, but the other two will make their appearances later as they're for design team work.  It has been bright and sunny here lately, but it's raining on my card today, take a look:


I do love these bold colors together!  Check out the Paper Players challenge:


Joanne used the cute bunny from Playing in the Rain, so I wanted to use something different.  I was going to go rooting through my retired stamps until I saw the color challenge from Cupcake Inspirations:


And then I had to use the fox stamp : )  I used Pumpkin Pie and both Blueberry Bushel and Azure Afternoon for my colors, and for once the Wink of Stella on the fox's umbrella actually shows up.  I thought it would be cute to put my greeting on a die-cut cloud, and that little "hello" from Submarine Life worked perfectly.  And even though it looks more like fluffy snow than rain, I couldn't resist using Drizzling Droplets for my background.  Guess where that strip of Pumpkin Pie DSP came from?  It's in the Stargazing pack and I thought just a little strip of it was just the thing to ground my fox on the rainy background.

That's it for me today.  I've got some more projects to tackle : ) Whether it's rainy or sunny where you are, have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Playing in the Rain, Drizzling Droplets, Submarine Life
Ink:  Night of Navy, Blueberry Bushel, Azure Afternoon, Stampin' Blends in Pumpkin Pie, Ivory, Blueberry Bushel
Paper:  Blueberry Bushel, Thick Basic White, Stargazing DSP, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Playing in the Rain dies, Wink of Stella, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, this is adorable! I love the blue and orange combo. That sly little fox looks like he is enjoying his stroll! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

What a fun color combination, Christy! It's so bright and cheery...it would definitely chase away any rainy day blues! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great choice to use the fox Christy - I just love this orange and blue colour combo and I would never have thought of it! This card is so cheery - I love it! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

This is so cute...I love orange and blue together, so this made me smile! Fun to see that background stamp too! Great take on both challenges! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Leanne said...

This is super cute, love the image and you did our color combo wonderful. Have a great day.
Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Leanne DT Member/Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute!! I LOVE how you created that fun "rain" on the background. Lovely design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge