Friday, March 15, 2024

To Thine Own Self

Happy Friday, y'all!  We returned to Texas from our Colorado house-hunting trip late on Wednesday, just in advance of the major snowstorm that rolled through there.  And I stole a bit of stamping time yesterday because I just have to play along in my favorite challenges.


We're going retro today for the Retro Rubber challenge:


Really, really retro!  Heartspeak (the main image) is from 2008, so it's 16 years old.  The greeting is from Botanical Blooms, which a quick trip through my photo archives says I've never used; I did a bit of Googling and it's from 2009.  So two very retro stamp sets!  I thought the Paper Players color challenge was perfect to go with spring flowers:


I used Lemon Lime Twist, Bubble Bath and Flirty Flamingo, and Lemon Lolly for colors, stamping in black on a white card base.  I used an Ivory blend to color in the flower basket.  It was fun to break out these old stamps for today's card; Heartspeak was one of my favorite stamp sets from that year, which was when SU! was running an experiment with new catalogs every 6 months and Heartspeak was one that only lasted for one catalog.  I hadn't played with it in so long and that kind sentiment caught my eye when I was flipping through my personal stamp catalog (which is now three giant binders because my stamp collection is large and in charge).

Okay, I'm off to make pumpkin coffee cake for my two dudes.  Have a great day,  y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Heartspeak, Botanical Blooms
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Lemon Lime Twist, Bubble Bath, Flirty Flamingo, Lemon Lolly, Ivory
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Adhesive-Backed Sequins Trio

5 comments:

Jaydee said...

Christy, good luck with the house hunting - that's always fun! That sentiment - is e v e r y t h i n g!!! I can so see why you have kept these sets around. Your little spring basket makes me happy. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Cynthia Stevenson said...

Simple and so pretty Christy. This is just lovely. Happy House-hunting and thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

Ann Schach said...

Such a delicate image, so perfectly colored in our challenge colors, Christy! The result is such a sweet card. Have fun house-hunting!!! I am so glad you played with The Paper Players this week!

Claire Grantham said...

Such a pretty stamp, I love it. Happy House-Hunting to you. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Neva Cole said...

So great to see you in our gallery again Christie. Lovely CAS card with a great sentiment. I've moved in the last year, good luck!