Tuesday, July 16, 2024

SUO Challenges: Christmas in July

Mornin' y'all and welcome to a new SUO Challenge!



And heeeere we go:


As it happens, I only have one current Christmas stamp set, so that made my stamp set choice pretty easy.  So here's what I made:


I CASE'd a sample from a new Online Exclusives stamp bundle called Sophisticated Sled, which I am looking forward to adding to my personal stamp hoard.  I just wanted to wait until I could see alllll the new stuff in the Holiday Catalog before I started buying Christmas stuff, but I do love that sled set and I don't have anything similar. 

Anyway!  I digress.  Merriest Trees is still current, and don't let the new stuff distract you from how awesome this stamp set is.  I love how there's one tree stamp but multiple dies so you can choose how big your tree turns out.  I stamped off my tree with Garden Green ink, added some stars in Blueberry Bushel (my Blueberry Bushel ink pad is so juicy that it almost looks like Night of Navy), and then coated the entire thing with Wink of Stella for an easy way to step up the card.  I liked the new Basic Beige with the Winter Meadow DSP even though it's not listed in the colors for that paper pack.

Your turn!  Let's see your Christmas creations on the SUO Challenges blog.  Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Merriest Trees
Ink:  Garden Green, Blueberry Bushel
Paper:  Basic Beige, Thick Basic White, Winter Meadow DSP
Accessories:  Merriest Trees dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Wink of Stella, Tinsel Gems, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

I love this simple sketch using OE products and always beautiful work. I can't wait to see what you do with the scrapbooking products!