Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Wishing Well Leaves

Mornin' y'all!  I got all my errands done yesterday but not much crafting, so that will be happening after I take Daphne for a walk today.  There's lots of challenges I need to catch up on, so let's start with two for today's card:


I used this week's Creative Colour Challenge:


The Mary Mary Quite Contrary in my really wanted to do purple leaves, but I decided to keep the leaves to actual real-life leaf colors.  (If I was using pumpkins, you know that pumpkin would have been purple because I am a pumpkin color anarchist!)  I paired that with this week's Atlantic Hearts sketch:


Pro tip real quick:  Always make sure you're LOOKING at your mug when you set it on a coaster, I just almost ended up with hot tea all over my desk and lap and that would have been a real shame as it's sweet potato pie tea and it does not belong in my lap.  Anywha, back to the card.  I saw this sketch and my brain said NO and then ten seconds later it hiccuped and there was my card idea.  I cut two patterns of Darling Duckling DSP into 1/2" strips and adhered them at an angle on a piece of copy paper (so it wouldn't add bulk), then cut off the extra bits on the sides before I put the whole thing on a Cajun Craze mat.  A few die cut leaves, the greeting, and some dots to finish.

Weirdly, I made a card with a very similar color combination earlier this week which you'll see on Saturday's Nancy Drew Challenge.  Check you later kids, I'm off to do a virtual appointment and then walk the Daphinator.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Gather Together
Ink:  Highland Heather, Cajun Craze, Darling Duckling, Versamark
Paper:  Highland Heather, Cajun Craze, Darling Duckling, Basic White, Darling Duckling DSP
Accessories:  Gathered Leaves dies, Textured Notes dies, Dimensionals, Frosted Iridescent Dots

Oops, I forgot to post my WIP Wednesday stitching photo!  Here it is:


I've done a whole lotta black stitching so far on the Frankenstein block (don't come at me, I know it's Frankenstein's MONSTER and he doesn't have his own name, but you know how we refer to artwork as like "a Picasso" and stuff like that?  He's a Frankenstein!...and now I need to watch Young Frankenstein, stat) and I am still having so much fun with this.  However, I know I need to slow down a bit as my right wrist is starting to complain, so I really need to back it off to maybe an hour of stitching per day.  That just means I'll get to enjoy making this project for longer, right?

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I really love the way you did the stripes. That DP is perfect. And your leaves are beautiful! Heading to the mtns later today to enjoy some, myself! :)