Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Merry & Bright...Now With Glitter

Ever spend all morning working on chores, then finally get up to your stampy space in the afternoon, sit down and NOTHING HAPPENS?  I kinda had that problem today.  Like a lot.  I think I just sat and stared at my Christmas/winter stamps for at least 20 minutes without moving.

After much work and too many brain bytes, I came up with this:


The color combo is from Fab Friday, though to be honest I would have preferred to have it *without* the Real Red.  Don't get me wrong, I like Real Red just fine, but not with Primrose Petals...I think they clash.  So I only used the Real Red on the smallest snowflake (yeah, I went back to Snow Swirled for this).  I wasn't originally planning on doing it but then somehow the whole image got coated with Iridescent Ice EP...I think I should find a sentiment that says something about sparkle.  It's much, much more sparkly IRL than in the picture...I took several pics and none of them really captured the sparkle.


There's the challenge color palette.  I suppose this also works for the SUO Challenge to use glitter, too!

Now to figure out what to do next...cudgel my brain to come up with another card, or do a workout at home?  The weather here is not too great so my sweetie pie asked me not to leave the house to go to the gym today.  As I have no desire to experience a car wreck firsthand, I'm inclined to agree with him.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  Snow Swirled, Jolly Jingles (this is a jumbo wheel, I unmounted it and cut it into individual stamps)
Ink:  Primrose Petals, Real Red, Pool Party, Gumball Green, Versamark
Paper:  Gumball Green, Whisper White, In Color DSP Stacks
Accessories:  Apothecary Accents Framelits, Iridescent Ice EP

12 comments:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

This is gorgeously glittery! And I do like the way you used those colors. Thanks for sharing this with the SUO Challenge team!

Cindy said...

I think Merry & *BRIGHT* certainly cover the sparkle! You may think the Real Red clashes, but on my monitor it looks fab. Thanks so much for joining us at SUO Challenges this week. (Now, put on some Christmas music and cudgel that brain, lol!)

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Um ok, so I love this!!!! Merry and bright is right! So pretty with the sparkles and the bright colors! THanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Sarah said...

So, how do you get the EP to stick? Did you stamp the snowflakes first, then versamark over everything? Or do you even use versamark? I loved this layout and color combo.

Amanda Mertz said...

Holy sparkle Batman! Love the whole die cut covered in I.I.! Huge impact! And the real red looks great! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

Amy O said...

What a beautiful, sparkly card! Love the idea of covering the whole stamped panel with the sparkle. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Fab Friday.

Jen Timko said...

Such a sparkly and fun card! Love it!! So glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

Marla Reed said...

Wow! This is awesome! I LOVE the sparkle. Great card! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful with the iridescent ice! Brave woman! :) Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous card...love the glittery "look" over the snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this week!

Karen Barber said...

Great glittery snowflake creation! (and no, I can't say I have ever wanted to be a pirate, but you make a very cute one!)

Vicki Burns said...

Ok, so you know I LOVE this, but I need to know how you got the EP all over the entire image!