Thursday, December 20, 2012

Not a Poinsettia!

So my horrible British cold has abated enough that I can work on stuff in my craft room again, so for the last couple of days I've been working on dozens of swaps.  Can't wait to show those, but first, we have to get through the Christmas card extravaganza (and that whole possible apocalypse thing).  So here's today's card, flat and easy to mail!


I don't think I inked up the sentiment *quite* well enough.  My Riding Hood Red ink pad developed the Dreaded Brown Goo, so I thought I've got nothing to lose, let's see if I can wash it off.  It did slide right off the top of the ink pad and then a bunch of ink did too so it looked like I killed something in my sink, but since it's water-based ink even that didn't last long.  Then I let the ink pad dry overnight, put some ink refill in it, and so far so good.  'Cept maybe we need more ink refill in there.

So hey, I finally used Watercolor Winter *without* using the poinsettia stamp!  I'm quite proud.  I saw this layout on a blog...somewhere...a few weeks ago...and of course now I have no idea where it was, so if it's yours, let me know so I can give credit properly.

Have a wonderful day and watch out for crazy Mayans tomorrow!

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  Watercolor Winter, Curly Cute
Ink:  Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Regals DSP Stack
Accessories:  Scallop border punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" square punches

No comments: