Monday, December 3, 2012

Warm Winter Mittens

I was fairly productive over the weekend:  I got all the cardstock cut for our personal Christmas cards this year and made a few other cards (because I am that good at procrastinating, I ignore the stuff that I have to do on a deadline).  I always say I'm going to do those early and here it is, already December and I haven't made them yet.  Oops.  That HAS to happen this week, but in the meantime I have a fun winter card for you : )


Lookie there, I re-inked my Whisper White ink pad!  Looks so much nicer now though it takes a long time to dry.  When I first had the idea for this card, I was going to do the mittens in Real Red, but then I changed my mind and went with Tangerine Tango.  I'm diggin' that bright pop of orange, what do you think?  And prior to this year, I'd only used Snow Swirled, like, once, and I think this is the third card I've made with it in a week.  Guess it was just biding its time.

I got the layout from a recent Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch that I didn't get to the week it was posted:


And for once I think I stuck to the sketch pretty darned closely!  : )  It's possible that I had "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music stuck in my head while I made my card, particularly that line about "warm woolen mittens".  Personally I think wool is scratchy, I'll stick with my Isotoner gloves.

Thanks for stopping by, hope your week is off to a great start!

Supplies (all SU):
Stamps:  Make a Mitten, Snow Swirled, Bootiful Occasions
Ink:  Whisper White, Island Indigo, Pool Party
Paper:  Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White, In Color DSP Stack
Accessories:  Mitten Builder Punch, Pool Party baker's twine, Dimensionals

No comments: