Monday, January 14, 2013

Blooming Wishes

Monday again already...hope your week is off to a good start!  This Thursday I'm leaving to spend 2 weeks in Texas for my birthday, so I'm excited :)  But first I've got a birthday card to share:


I admit, if I get a bunch of stamp sets at the same time, sometimes it takes me a long time before I actually use all of them.  I got Blooming with Kindness when SU! had that one-day 20% off all stamp sets sale last October and just got around to inking it up.  I knew its time had come when I saw the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches:

This card will be going to a friend of mine who loves the color red.  While I love color in general, my personal favorites are definitely on the cool end of the spectrum--green, blue, purple.  But I have fun with all kinds of colors so Katie gets her pink and red card :)  My mom doesn't like pink and red together but I think this kinda works!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  Blooming with Kindness, Parlor Prints
Ink:  Real Red, Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Neutrals DSP Stack
Accessories:  Brights Glimmer Brads, corner rounder punch

3 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!! Perfect stamp for the sketch...glad it finally got some ink! ;-) Thanks for joining us this week at FMS!

Jen Mitchell said...

That big, bold flower is so pretty with the DSP. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tanya said...

This is SUCH a pretty card! Great color choices and yes that flower is perfect for this sketch!