Sunday, January 13, 2013

Olivia's Baby Book

Not too long after I started stamping, I got the idea to make baby books for a couple of friends of mine for their baby showers.  Since then, I've done ten, and I've got one more that's 80% finished (I just need to find out if the baby's a boy or a girl).  I do one layout for each month of the year, plus layouts for the baby's birth and first birthday.  Add in the first and last pages, and each book is 30 pages.  They take me at least a couple of months to do, so I don't do them for very many people.  And I won't sell them either, because honestly, no one would pay what I would want to charge for them given how much time they take, never mind the cost of supplies.

So here's the one I just finished up for my SIL and her new daughter, Olivia.  If you want a complete supply list, check out my SCS gallery here.  Jill is doing the nursery in what my mom calls Strawberry Shortcake colors--pink, hot pink, and lime green, so that's what I started with.  The die cut alphabet I used is by Sizzix and I've had it since I graduated from college and it's long retired :)  Click on any of the pictures to see it bigger.


 Stamps:  Mixed Bunch, Papillon Potpourri


Stamps:  Baby Prints


Stamps:  Make a Mitten (retired), Snow Swirled


Stamps:  Artistic Etchings, Carte Postale (retired), En Francais


Stamps:  Celtic Knots (retired), Tag Time (retired)


Stamps:  Announcements (retired)...I did this one several months ago, had I known Rain or Shine was coming out I woulda waited so I could have used that!


Stamps:  Tea Shoppe...I thought a mother-daughter tea party theme would be cute?


Stamps:  By the Seashore


Stamps:  Land That I Love (retired)


 Stamps:  Bronc Buster (retired), Wanted (retired)...Olivia was born in Texas, she needed a cowgirl layout :)


Stamps:  Fruit & Flowers, One Smart Cookie


Stamps:  Googly Ghouls (retired)


Stamps:  Wonderfall, Falling Leaves (retired)


Stamps:  Reindeer Print


Stamps:  Crazy for Cupcakes (retired), coordinating cupcake wheel (retired)

So excited this one is done!  I've even made a card to go with it, so now I just need to get it in the mail.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I love your baby books! The tea party theme is a great idea! :)