Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Flashback: Land That I Love

Welcome to a special patriotic edition of the Friday Flashback!  Usually I pick a stamp set name at random, but since the 4th of July is next week I just had to do a patriotic stamp set for today's Flashback.  And that set is Land that I Love!  Probably my favorite patriotic stamp set to date, so this is gonna be a longer Flashback than normal :)


I got this stamp set relatively early in my stamping career, so my first couple cards aren't necessarily stellar, but hey, now we can see how I've grown as a stamping artiste.  I can always tell which ones are the oldest pictures because a.) they induce the most squirming on my part to look at them and b.) they're scans, not photos.


I didn't like this one much when I made it--in fact, the picture is called "Patriotic Blah"--but I don't think it's so terrible now.  The torn edges are something different.


This one I kinda liked pretty well; the front of the card is torn and the "Thank You" is actually stamped on the inside.


You can't tell in this picture but the eagle is actually stamped on glossy paper and there's a bit of pale, pale blue and purple done with baby wipes so it looks more like sky.


Something quite simple and bordering on CAS...you can just barely see the line of stars to the left of the sentiment.


And this stamp set has even made an appearance in a baby book :)  So how about my brand new card for the day:


I kinda like it, what do you think?  I was very closely following the latest Retro Sketch, but if I were to do this over again I think I'd move the knot to the right side and the sentiment to the left.  But you can see I did stick like glue to the sketch this time:


I think that might be my dad's birthday card next month.  It looks all manly, right?

Thanks for joining me for this week's Friday Flashback!  To all my American friends, have a safe and happy holiday next week.

Supplies, last card only, all SU!
Stamps:  Land That I Love, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Baked Brown Sugar, Marina Mist, Early Espresso
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, retired Marina Mist DSP
Accessories:  Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Vicki Burns said...

I love seeing all of these old stamp sets that I've never before seen. Only problem is that I want them!