Thursday, December 25, 2014

Concord Crush Christmas

Merry Christmas again, friends!  I managed to squeeze in one more project for Christmas, though it's not your traditional red and green.  Or even blue and snowflakes.


My sister-in-law Adrienne loves purple, so I had to make her gift card box purple.  I used Concord Crush because I have almost zero Elegant Eggplant DSP, and I think Concord pairs better with Wisteria Wonder anyway.  I thought it needed some glitz, so the heart is covered in Iridescent Ice EP which doesn't show in the picture but looks nice IRL.  And it's really difficult to heat emboss something that small without burning your fingers, just sayin'.

I ran out of time to really glam up the box though and the inside isn't decorated at all; I just did the insert in Wisteria Wonder and wrapped the accompanying Rolos in the same DSP as I used on the box top.  Should have probably at least put Merry Christmas or something on the inside, but there just wasn't enough time to get all fancy.

If you want it, here's the link to Qbee's tutorial that I used.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  None
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Pretty in Pink
Accessories:  Sizzix alphabet (really, really old, not SU!), Sweetheart punch, Iridescent Ice EP, Dimensionals, Decorative Label punch used to hold the gift card on the inside