Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas 2007

Merry Christmas!  Today I've got the last layout I did for 2014 to share, and it just so happens to be pictures from exactly seven years ago today.


I'm a little sad to say this layout sat on my desk for two or three months before I finally got it finished.  And then it took me 20 minutes to find my journaling template so I could draw straight lines on my journaling block, but I finally got it finished!  This was Christmas Eve at my parents' house, and it just so happens that the hubs and I are here again today!  With those same four dogs plus one more (my brother didn't get his dog Dingo until after this particular Christmas, but Sadie, Vader, Ginger, and Cleo are still in the club).

Some detail shots:


I was going to do snowflakes, but then I remembered why I hate my snowflake Sizzlits.  They don't really cut all the way through the cardstock and they're a total pain, which is why Framelits are better.  But I went with the retired ornament punch instead.


I know I shared a Santa Stache card yesterday, but I couldn't resist using this nutcracker on my layout today!  Even though the mustache thing wasn't a thing in 2007, he's still too cute for words.  I actually had to stamp him twice; I colored him with watercolor wonder crayons but of course there isn't a Gumball Green crayon.  So then I tried to just watercolor with the ink, but weirdly it turned out like camouflage (so not what I was going for), so I had to start over on a new nutcracker image and I used Garden Green crayon instead.  Problem solved.  I did use markers for the tinier bits of his outfit though, the More Mustard trim and Real Red circles.

Merry Christmas!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Santa Stache, Tall Tales Numbers, Chrsitmas Greetings, Delightful Decorations
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red, Ballet Blue, More Mustard, Basic Black
Paper:  Real Red, Ballet Blue, Whisper White, Gumball Green DSP
Accessories:  Deco Labels Framelits, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Lucky Stars EF, ornament punch

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Boy howdy, I look A LOT slimmer in this photo!!! Ha! Great job, Chris!