Monday, December 15, 2014

Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?

It may have been a balmy 72 degrees here in 'Bama today, but I did build a snowman. 


With circle Framelits and glitter, anyway :)  Not the best picture in the world, but this is what I get for waiting until after dark to make my card and get it photographed.

The technique I used is called Glitter Window, basically you cut a shape out of cardstock and put packing tape over the hole, with the sticky side facing up.  Cover the packing tape with glitter, and whatever is under the glitter window you can stamp or decorate or whatever.  I left my white cardstock alone since it's a snowman :)  I did put the black Candy Dots on the packing tape before I added the glitter, and really I used Hologram Highlights embossing powder because either a.) I can't find my glitter or b.) I got mad at how messy glitter is and threw it away, and then blocked the incident from my memory.

But anyway!  I used the brand new sketch from Retro Sketches:


Actually I got the idea for doing a snowman like this from seeing a card at Ruth's Stamping Corner.  Hers was a shaker card, but it's what made me think of trotting out the old Glitter Window technique.

That's it for me today, peeps.  I'm off to Panera for dinner!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Endless Wishes
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Pacific Point
Paper:  Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush
Accessories:  Circles Framelits, Neutrals Candy Dots, Hologram Highlights EP

No comments: