Sunday, December 16, 2018

China: Dong Fang Hotel

Happy China Sunday, y'all!  I'm just truckin' through the Beijing layouts and pretty soon we're going to be all done with the China albums.  Guess I'd better get cracking on Ryan's baby book so I can start sharing that?


We switched tour guide companies in Beijing to go with the ones who were doing the Great Wall marathon, and they were nowhere near as good as the China Odyssey Tours people we had for Shanghai, Guilin, and Xi'an.  The hotel was a giant step down too, I think the beds were comprised of rocks rejected for use in the Great Wall.  But I made this layout for the hotel anyway!  I love that Primrose Petals pattern on the right, it was from a Valentine pack of patterned paper a few years ago.  I started out with it going across the layout, where the Perfect Plum layer is now, but then I scrapped that and switched the colors around and I like it better now.


The colors are Tip Top Taupe (I liked this one, I should use it more), Primrose Petals, Marina Mist, and Perfect Plum, every single last one of which is now retired.  But they will live forever in my scrapbooks!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Baroque Motifs
Ink:  Marina Mist, Early Espresso marker
Paper:  Tip Top Taupe, Marina Mist, Primrose Petals, More Amore DSP, Marina Mist & Perfect Plum DSP
Accessories:  Lettering template

No comments: