Sunday, December 9, 2018

China: Ming Tombs

Hey y'all!  We got SNOW here last night but it's currently raining so it's going to melt it all sometime today most likely.  I grew up in Texas, where it hardly ever snows, so I always get excited to see the white stuff.

And today is China Sunday!  Today's layouts are from the Ming tombs we visited outside of Beijing.  If you check out my first blog post with these pictures, you'll see that I lightened them up quite a bit when I had them printed out.  Hubs likes things a little under-exposed.  I don't. :p. And you can also read about the two-hour odyssey to get to the tombs because our tour guide was more than a few fries short of a Happy Meal.


So I did three layouts for these pictures, all with the same colors but I rotated where the colors were used (page base, patterned paper, accent color).  Oh, and you'll see this layout used the same sketch as my Christmas layout from Monday.  Toldya that I used that sketch several times.


And there's my page title, complete with dragon and that little bitty dragon is the whole reason why I bought the Ancient Asia stamp set and I'm not sorry.  I love that little dude.


Second layout, also with dragons.  I love Cucumber Crush.


And these pictures, from inside one of the tombs, are the reason why I used Cucumber Crush as one of my colors.  It was like being in the Emerald City in Oz.


Today's color palette:  Cucumber Crush (for the inside of the tomb), Tempting Turquoise (because of my turquoise shirt), So Saffron (because it worked well with the other colors), Basic Gray (because there's a lot of gray in the pictures from outside the tombs), and Whisper White (which really shouldn't be on here because I didn't use any white for journaling blocks or anything, but the sky sort of looks white?).

Baked oatmeal is about to come out of the oven...cheers y'all!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rough Type, Ancient Asia
Ink:  Cucumber Crush, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Gray
Paper:  So Saffron, Cucumber Crush, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories:  lettering template

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Feels good to have all of these pages done, doesn't it?!!! Wow, what great memories. I sometimes wondered if you'd ever revisit this once you completed them, but I do like to look at the Okinawa scrapbook I did for you when I come to your house. Even though it was a small scrapbook, that sure was a project, but I was SO EXCITED to do it!!! Fun times for sure.