Monday, December 24, 2018

Merry Texas Christmas Y'all! (2004)

Merry Christmas, y'all!


As promised last week, here are the layouts from Christmas in Texas in 2004.  I had *lots* of pictures from that year so I made two layouts.  Also, check out my title--the "Merry Christmas Y'all!" is one stamp, so I stamped the words and cut them apart and inserted the TEXAS right in the middle.  I felt so smart when I did that ;) I cut out some of the flower motifs in the patterned paper to use as page accents too.


This rose pattern is in the same pack of DSP, and I chose it especially because my mom was wearing that shirt with giant red roses on it.  I've been hoarding that paper for YEARS and I'm glad I finally found the perfect place to use it! (And I still have more of it left.)  I also used the Cozy Christmas stamp set which I love.

What's funny to me is I'm working on more Christmas layouts, and I almost used the same sketch I used on this one.  But then I found a different sketch to use.  Not that anyone but me would know anyway!


Today's color palette:  Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Baja Breeze (still my favorite), Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla.

Supplies, first layout:
Stamps:  Deadbeat Designs
Ink:  Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Baja Breeze, Thick Very Vanilla, Holly Jolly Bouquet DSP
Accessories:  Circles Collection Framelits

Supplies, second layout:
Stamps:  Cozy Christmas
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
Paper:  Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Baja Breeze, Thick Very Vanilla, Holly Jolly Bouquet DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: