Monday, December 3, 2018

Christmas Eve 2014

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Now that it's December, we can really start to get things all Christmasy here on the blog.  I like Thanksgiving to have its own time before the Christmas juggernaut overruns us all.

Today's pages are from 2014.  Seems like I still have multiple years' worth of Christmas layouts still to do.


I think I did three layouts with this same sketch, but since I don't scrapbook chronologically, no one will know but me!


This patterned paper was just SO fun...I cut out a couple of reindeer accents from another pattern in the pack.  I created the title by using a marker to ink up "Christmas" from a longer sentiment, and the "Eve" part is done using the Metro Alphabet.  I just lucked out that those two elements ended up being about the same length.


Today's Christmas color palette includes Real Red, Mossy Meadow, Soft Sky, Delightful Dijon, Whisper White, and Very Vanilla.  As a general rule, I'm against the use of Whisper White and Very Vanilla together, but it works in the patterned paper so I just went with it.

Hope your December is off to a great start!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Metro Type Alphabet, Joyful Christmas
Ink:  Real Red, Mossy Meadow, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Real Red, Delightful Dijon, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White, Home for Christmas DSP, Color Me Autumn DSP
Accessories: none

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Love, love, LOVE that retro paper!!! So sweet. I gravitate towards those kinds of designs in Christmas cards. I just love it

Tanya said...

Oh I love that DP! I might have gotten two packs...? haha! And I too have soooo many Christmas's to scrap still....!