Monday, July 31, 2023

Plas Mawr

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  It's going to be busy, busy for the next couple of weeks here--Ryan starts swim lessons this afternoon, we have our household goods coming in on Friday, then unpacking everything, and two weeks from today is Meet the Teacher night at Ryan's new school and then he starts first grade that Wednesday.

But for now it's Scrappy Monday.  Today's layout is from when the hubs and I took a whirlwind trip around Wales just prior to moving back to the States from the UK in 2014.  How is this nine years ago already?!


Plas Mawr is an Elizabethan townhouse in Conwy not far away from Conwy Castle; honestly we only went there because it was free with our Cadw passes.  What, I much prefer castles to Elizabethan stuff.  They are Very Proud of the plaster work in this house (see fireplace, top left pic on the right-hand page) and the hubs and I both thought it was gaudy and we're glad it's not in our house.


Today's color palette:  Summer Starfruit, Poppy Parade, Wild Wheat, and Ballet Blue.  Wild Wheat is my least favorite of the In Colors that were introduced this year, but I discovered that it works well with the retired Summer Starfruit.  Of course, I never used much Summer Starfruit either.  Well, I suppose not every color can be my favorite!

Okay, Ryan and I are off to the Y.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Jayne's Type Alphabet, Best of Shelli
Ink:  Wild Wheat, Poppy Parade, Early Espresso marker
Paper:  Summer Starfruit, Wild Wheat, Ballet Blue, Thick Basic White, Pocketful of Posies DSP
Accessories:  None



No comments: