Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wisteria Thoughts

Howdy, folks!  I'm still getting my stampin' groove back, but I'm taking it kinda slow for now.  I hope to get to work on some scrapping this weekend, but for today I have a clean-lines card to share:


I almost said CAS, but I think it's not quite *that* clean and simple.  I used the inspiration photo at Inkspirational:


Thought about putting a butterfly on my card, but I decided to let the Crushed Curry pattern from the Sweater Weather DSP suffice for my bit of yellow/orange.  I also used this week's challenge from Freshly Made Sketches:

I put the Wild Wasabi Candy Dots at the top rather than the bottom because I thought it balanced better that way with the sentiment already in the lower right of the image panel.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Too Kind
Ink:  Wisteria Wonder, Wild Wasabi, Concord Crush (for some reason I like this better than Elegant Eggplant to layer with Wisteria Wonder)
Paper:  Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Whisper White, Sweater Weather DSP
Accessories:  Corner rounder punch, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Subtles Candy Dots

9 comments:

Donna said...

That's funny, I just uploaded my card to the FMS #103 challenge and now see yours and mine are quite similar; ha! "Great minds" they say, right?!!! Anyway, your card is very pretty, love it in your colors and with the embossed panel too! Lovely! :)

Tanya said...

Love these colors!!

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Christy! I love that embossed background! Perfect colour choices...they look fabulous together! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Mynn xx said...

This is SO pretty!!! LOVE the CAS feel and the images you used! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Unknown said...

How pretty! The embossing and the flowers look so beautiful together! Love the layout too! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Cindy Hall said...

Really great card! I love the textures and colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita W said...

I had to drop in and give this card some love. It's my favorite set and my favorite colors. :) Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Ruth M said...

Beautiful card Christy, I love the texture and the fab patterned paper! Great take on the photo and the sketch challenges! Thanks so much for playing along at Inkspirational! Ruth x

Yvonne Garner said...

A beauty of a card! Great take on the photo. Thanks for joining us Inkspirational.