Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Cake Is The Answer

Mornin', y'all!  It's been a busy month here so I haven't been posting as much as I'd like.  Last week was super busy with both the hubs and the kiddo's birthdays!  But I carved out some stamping time this weekend to make a card for the new challenge at SUO Challenges!


This time it's all about Sale-a-Bration and the Occasions catalog!  I chose a favorite stamp set and DSP out of the Occasions catty for my card...


I love Piece of Cake *and* the How Sweet It Is DSP, which actually coordinates with a stamp set called Sweetest Thing that...I haven't actually inked up yet.  Oops.  But anyway!  I'm in a baking group on Facebook and "drip cakes" are big right now (I'm more of a cookie and muffin baker; my cake decorating skills are nonexistent!) so that's why I chose that particular cake image.  The cake is punched out with the coordinating Cake Builder Punch, and then I fussy cut the lollipops for the top.  All three pieces are popped up on Dimensionals.  I think this card is extra fun because it CAN be for a birthday, but it could just as easily be a random Tuesday card because who doesn't just randomly want cake even when there's no birthday happening?

Maybe this afternoon I'll have some time to bust out a favorite Sale-a-Bration stamp set so I can play along in this challenge a second time.  Head on over to the SUO Challenges blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has made, and then give the challenge a whirl yourself.  It's fun!

Cheers, y'all!  We're off to kiddo's 2-year well baby checkup.  I see shots in his future...

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Piece of Cake
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Melon Mambo, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, Thick Whisper White, How Sweet It Is DSP
Accessories:  Cake Builder Punch, Mini Dimensionals, Glitter Enamel Dots

1 comment:

Tanya said...

So cute! I love it for a random Tuesday, hee hee!
I tried a drip cake for my daughter's 2nd birthday in the fall. It was not stellar, but she loved it and that was the point. ;)