Friday, February 8, 2019

Opportunities for Embellishment

Mornin' y'all!  I was hoping to post this card yesterday, but thanks to the glossy white paper I used the ink was wet and I decided to let it sit overnight before I finished it up so here it is today instead!


The background is sort of watercolored on the glossy paper--I smeared some Crushed Curry ink on a plastic placemat, then sprayed water on it to water it down and smooshed the paper in it.  I dried it with my heat tool and that's how I got the drippy look.  I stamped the greeting on there and WHOOPS it was still wet when I tried to get a little bit of fuzz off the card front--it smeared.  And now you know why that little butterfly is right there touching the sentiment ;)

Anyway, I used the Color Throwdown colors:


I used Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, and Real Red for my colors.  I also used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And my card fits the theme at Global Design Project as well:


Glad I took the opportunity to play with the new Butterfly Gala stamp set; I haven't even scratched the surface of what I could make with those stamps, I need to play a lot more.  Lately I've been obsessed with a cross stitch project before we go on our Disney cruise (Disney Princess bookmarks!), so when we get back from that, I'll definitely be spending more time in the ol' craft cave.  In the meantime, cheers peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Gala, Touches of Texture
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Glossy White, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Butterfly Duet punch, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors! Love those butterflies and flowers! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Jen Brum said...

What a pretty card! I just love those butterflies and sweet little flowers!! The background is fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

LOL! I say perfect placement of your little yellow butterfly! Love your cheery design and take on the sketch. The drips are such a fun touch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Kim S said...

Your butterfly perfectly covers the smear!! This is such a cheerful grouping of bright flowers and butterflies! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.