Thursday, February 21, 2019

Tropical Gala Thanks

Hey y'all.  I'm supposed to be packing, and it's for a trip I really do want to go on, but I *hate* packing so I'm procrastinating ;)  And guess what!!!


WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!  Global Design Project liked my Messy Inspiration card from last week.  So that was the best thing that happened to me yesterday, when I saw that.

So here's my card for this week's challenge!


Played with Butterfly Gala again, and I thought it would go well with the leaves from Tropical Chic so that's what I did.  Here's the GDP graphic:


My card base is Shimmery White, and the largest butterfly is popped up on Dimensionals.  It's an almost one-layer take on the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


I'm counting the Granny Apple Green sponging/stamping as the teal layer on the bottom of the sketch.  I sponged some Coastal Cabana on the top for the sky, and left a bit of white in the middle just because.

Well.....I gotta go pack.  Y'all have a great day!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Gala, Tropical Chic
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Granny Apple Green, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Shimmery White
Accessories:  Butterfly Duo Punch, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous use of the sketch! Love the inked and stamped greenery. Thanks for sharing with us at FMS this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Pretty butterflies.....and I love how you used the tropical leaves! Very nice! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a pretty card Christy! I just love the background you've created - especially those leaves at the bottom! Those butterflies are just gorgeous too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!