Friday, February 1, 2019

Count Me In For Cake

Happy Friday y'all!  Ugh, my new year goals for scrapbooking aren't going so hot...BUT I'm making lots of progress on my stitching projects!  Maybe I can get some scrapping done this weekend?  In the meantime, I have a sunny birthday card to share today.


It's been C - O - L - D here this week, but clear skies and sunny so that's something.  Next week we'll be up in the 60s and 70s again.  But anyway!  I made a sunny cake card today with my brand new Piece of Cake stamp set that is much fun.  I splurged on stampy things since my birthday was last week, now I just need to USE all the stuff I got ;). Oh hey, this is my first time using the Rectangle Stitched Shapes Framelits, those are way cool!

Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


This sketch is FABulous for using up scraps of paper!  I don't know about you, but I've got tons of strips that are 1/2" wide, so I was super thrilled to use up a few of them on this card.  I could make a dozen more cards with this layout and still have tons of those 1/2" strips.

I also used this week's Color Throwdown colors:


I used Pool Party, Delightful Dijon, Crumb Cake (should have gone with Soft Suede for more contrast with the Delightful Dijon), and Daffodil Delight.  Cute little owl in the pic.

That's it for me this week.  Ryan and I will soon be off to the Y so I can run and do yoga while he has fun in the nursery.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Piece of Cake
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Daffodil Delight, Delightful Dijon marker, Stampin' Blends in Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, and Crumb Cake
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Delightful Dijon, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Rectangle Stitched Shapes Framelits, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your fun birthday cake card! Always happy to see your creations in our gallery!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great use of the sketch and colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Brum said...

Great card Christy! Love that cake and the matching diagonal drips! Such great colours!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Great colors! Love your CAS design! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!