Friday, January 17, 2020

Elegant Hydrangea

Mornin' y'all and happy Friday!  I've been working in my craft room, but still focusing on scrapbook pages, so I've made just one card this week.


I was inspired by the Color Throwdown challenge to pull out these elegant colors!


I used Night of Navy, Pretty Peacock, and Crushed Curry for my colors.  I stamped off once for the Pretty Peacock leaves or else I think they would have overpowered the Crushed Curry hydrangea.  Which reminds me, I need to re-ink my Crushed Curry and Night of Navy ink pads.

I also used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I traced a dinner plate and just cut with scissors to get the curve.

I chose the birthday sentiment so this would fit with the Global Design Project theme challenge:


And as luck would have it, Just Add Ink is doing the same theme!


I like the picture on their graphic, maybe I'll make time this weekend to make a card using the picture as inspiration.

Hope you have a great weekend, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Beautiful Friendship, Seaside Notions
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Night of Navy, Pretty Peacock
Paper:  Night of Navy, Shimmery White, Pretty Peacock DSP
Accessories:  rhinestones

8 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a beautiful take on the throwdown colors! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

Chantell Randall said...

This is such a lovely stamp set - I have been using it this week too. I also am happy to hear that you used a Dinner plate to create your curve, because that's what I did too. Lovely card. Chantell Just Add Ink

Amy O said...

Your flower is gorgeous, and the colors work so well together on this pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the soft watercolor feel of your stamping! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Vickie Z said...

Lovely- great use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Jan said...

Such a beautiful card Christy! I love how you've created layers of ink for your hydrangea bloom and the softness of the leaves. Your curve and patterned paper give such a great contrast too. Thanks for sharing with us and our special celebration challenge at Just Add Ink.

KimB said...

Your bloom really pops with depth, colour and detail Christy! Thanks so much for joining us for our 10 year anniversary at Just Add Ink. Kim

Narelle Farrugia said...

You've created such a gorgeous card with the colours you've chosen and the fabulous stamp set you've used! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!