Friday, January 24, 2020

New Beginnings

Hey y'all!  I was hoping I'd have a card to post yesterday, but it didn't happen...Ryan had a fever Tuesday and Wednesday, so we couldn't go anywhere and it threw off our groove.  He's feeling better so now we're potty training...oh yeah that's fun.  But TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY so we're gonna celebrate!  I'm having PIZZA for dinner tonight!!! (I haven't had pizza in almost 3 months!)

And I also have a card to share today.  When I first laid eyes on the Sale-a-Bration catalog, there was one stamp set that I just HAD to HAVE and I finally inked it up!


I lived in Japan for a couple of years, and so did my parents, so of course I spring for anything Oriental that SU! comes up with.  I'm almost finished with all my Japan scrapbook pages but I still wanted this stamp set in my collection!  I love it.

My card fits three challenges today.  First up is this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


Next up is the Paper Players challenge:


The Japanese lady in the kimono was the first image that came  to mind when I saw this challenge.  Kimonos are fashion, right?  My card is definitely clean, but I do have a couple layers on there so I hope it still qualifies as simple.

Last up is the pretty color combo from Color Throwdown:


I used Night of Navy, Lovely Lipstick, and Mint Macaron for my colors.  I wanted the lady to be the only pop of pink with the blue and green giving the card a serene feel.  What do you think?

Have a great day, folks!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Power of Hope
Ink:  Night of Navy, Mint Macaron, Lovely Lipstick, Basic Black, Petal Pink, Versamark
Paper:  Night of Navy, Mint Macaron, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Clear EP

6 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Firstly - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Christie!! Many happy returns of the day! I love your oriental card and the geisha works perfectly for a CAS card - she anchors your sentiment beautifully. I would love to visit Japan - one day! Thanks for sharing your card with The Paper Players this week and best wishes for a wonderful day!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! I just love the stamped background! Hope you had a great birthday and enjoyed your pizza! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so pretty! Love this image! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Well done! I love your stamped background panel and you combined the sketch and the colors perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lori said...

Beautiful CAS design! The pop of pink from the kimono is just perfect. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!Hope you had a very happy birthday!

Jacquie Southas said...

What a fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!