Saturday, January 25, 2020

Seaside Posies

Mornin' y'all!  I had a good birthday yesterday; we had pizza for dinner and then ice cream for dessert, and it's been so long since I had that much sugar that my head was buzzing afterwards.  It's fun to splurge once in a while but I think I'll be back to my regular very low sugar diet today :)

I got one more card made the other day and I want to share it before the challenges close, so here it is:


I busted out a very long-retired stamp set for this one, more on that in a minute.  First up is the Library Challenge, to be inspired by Romeo and Juliet:


She mentioned the "rose by any other name" quote, and that stuck in my head when I saw the Retro Rubber Challenge:


Roses + winter = Roses in Winter!  When I first started stamping, Roses in Winter was *the* stamp set to have!  I posted my first card with it way back in 2006, so I've had this stamp set for 14 years now?!  Anyway, I used the sentiment from the set that uses the word winter, and I decided to go with a wintry color combination too:  Seaside Spray, Purple Posy, and Mint Macaron.  I got my Purple Posy ink pad in the brief window that they were available, but SU! couldn't get the color consistent enough so they've retired the ink pad.  Oh well, I can still use mine, and the cardstock is beautiful.  I stamped the roses on Shimmery White but that doesn't show up in my photo.

So my hubs has something planned for today, but I don't know what.  All I know is that we're leaving in about an hour and a half and our kid is going to the babysitter's house.  Guess I'd better go get ready!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU! (retired)
Stamps:  Roses in Winter
Ink:  Seaside Spray, Purple Posy, Mint Macaron
Paper:  Purple Posy, Shimmery White
Accessories:  long-retired label punch, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Marina said...

I love the soft effect of the stamping and the colour combo is so pretty. Thanks for joining The Library.