Tuesday, January 21, 2020

SUO Challenges: Floral Fantasy

Good morning friends!  How are you today?  We think Ryan is coming down with a cold so I don't know if we'll get to go to the Y today, but I still got an early-morning workout in so at least I'm not missing that.  And today is fun because it's time for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


This challenge is all about the flowers!  We wanna see your floral cards.  Stampin' Up! has a LOT of flower stamps; in fact, I think everyone on the design team used a different stamp set!  I decided to ink up a new Sale-a-Bration stamp set, Lovely Lily Pad.  Here's my card:


I also used the coordinating Lily Impressions DSP, isn't it gorgeous?  It was hard to pick which pattern to use because they're all so pretty.  The Lovely Lily Pad stamps are marketed as reversible, so you see the Melon Mambo fill-in?  That's the back side of the outline stamp.  Since it's not symmetrical, using the backside of the stamp kinda gives a fun, more free-flow feeling I think.  I don't have the coordinating dies yet, so I just gave the flower and leaves a quick snip with scissors.  And rhinestones usually don't photograph well for me, those are PINK rhinestones from the Noble Peacock rhinestone set.  They look so much prettier IRL!

So we know you've got some SU! flower stamps...why not make your own floral fantasy card and share it with us at SUO Challenges?  Hope to see you in our gallery!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lovely Lily Pad, A Big Thank You
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Blackberry Bliss, Granny Apple Green, Garden Green
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Blackberry Bliss, Thick Whisper White, Lily Impressions DSP
Accessories:  Frosted Bouquet dies, Noble Peacock Rhinestones, Dimensionals

No comments: