Monday, November 23, 2020

Ops Group Thanksgiving

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Since Thanksgiving is this week, I have to share a Thanksgiving layout today!  I made this one earlier this year, though the pictures are from 2009...I, uh, have to work hard not to have pictures that are over 10 years old still waiting to be scrapped. #needmorescrappingtime


Pretty sure this is the Thanksgiving that I was first introduced to sweet potato casserole and I absolutely fell in love.  Hubs and kiddo aren't very big on sweet potatoes, but I'm still planning to make a casserole for myself this week just because I can.  Anywha, for the layout, I pulled out some old, old patterned paper called Autumn Vines and the longtime favorite scarecrow stamp from Happy Fall Y'all to make this.  The thing that took the longest was coloring the scarecrow.


Today's very retro color palette includes More Mustard, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, and Whisper White; every single one of those colors is retired except, of course, for the white.

We have a teeny-tiny oven in this house, so I need to strategize my Thanksgiving plans.  I think it's just going to be the three of us, but I'm still planning to do it up right...at least I'm limiting myself to only two pies.  And of course sweet potato casserole.  But I did get both turkey and ham...

Have a great holiday, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Brushwork Alphabet, Back to Basics Alphabet, Happy Fall Y'all
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Sage Shadow, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Soft Sky, Buckaroo Blue, Versamark
Paper:  More Mustard textured, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Thick Whisper White, Autumn Vines DSP
Accessories:  Clear EP

No comments: