Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Leaf Walk, Part 1

Mornin', y'all!  Before we left North Carolina, I set up a lot of blog posts to cover for a while until we got settled in Germany.  I just realized that I ran out of Scrappy Monday scheduled posts this week, and of course we finished Ryan's baby book too :)  Well, we're here, and pretty settled in (you can see pics of our new house and some travels around Germany on my other blog) but I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time in my new craft room yet.  My hubs kindly took Ryan out for a while on Sunday so I got a few hours that day, and I've been working on new scrapbook pages rather than cards.  I need to take pictures of the layouts I've done so far, but for today I thought I'd share a seasonally appropriate layout from fall in Virginia.


It looks black, but I promise the page base is deep, dark Early Espresso (brown).  I thought it made the colors in my leaf pictures pop.  Where I grew up in Texas, "fall" consists of all the leaves spontaneously turning dull brown and then falling off the trees overnight.  We don't get the fun colors, so I enjoyed fall in Virginia.  Fall in Germany has been pretty glorious too!  We're past peak colors now, but it's still pretty out there (when it's not raining buckets). 

Anyway, back to today's layout, I used retired favorite Lighthearted Leaves for my page accents.  I didn't particularly like the die for the one on the right page (the die set was originally designed for Vintage Leaves, but fit the stamps from this set as well) so I ended up fussy-cutting it a bit.  And just for funsies, I used three different colors for the photo mats.  I inked the leaves with Versamark, then colored ink, and stamped, then embossed with clear EP.  That let me watercolor the leaves without the ink running.


And here are my colors:  Early Espresso, Granny Apple Green, Cajun Craze (deep orange, it looks red in this picture), Delightful Dijon, Soft Suede, and Very Vanilla.

Well, it's cloudy right now but not raining, so I'm going to take Ryan out to a playground for a bit.  I'm getting a lot of reading done while he's on the playground, but I don't know how long I'll be able to do this...I'm not going to sit outside slowly turning into a popsicle when it gets really cold!  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Notable Alphabet, Lighthearted Leaves
Ink:  Early Espresso, Granny Apple Green, Cajun Craze, Delightful Dijon, Versamark
Paper:  Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Granny Apple Green, Cajun Craze, Delightful Dijon, Very Vanilla, Painted Autumn DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles dies, Stitched Shapes dies, Leaflets dies, clear EP

No comments: