Monday, December 28, 2020

'Tis the Season (Christmas 2010)

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Hope you had a good Christmas.  Ryan got lots and lots of toys and games and he's a happy kiddo :)  Yesterday the hubs took him out of the house for a good chunk of time and I wish I hadn't had a terrible headache because I could have done ALL THE THINGS.  As it is, I did work on two layouts, which are both all done except for journaling.

Anyway, the layout I want to share today is one I finished a couple months ago and I'm pretty tickled with how it turned out.


My mom's angels on the right are supposed to spell "Noel" but my brother and I can't help rearranging her Christmas decorations at every opportunity ;)  I made a second layout for this Christmas too but for that one I need to have a 5x7 printed so maybe I'll share it next December.  I also looked through all my pictures I have left to scrap, and I've done all the Christmas pics up through 2018!  I've been doing all my pictures from after Ryan was born pretty much chronologically so I'll get to the more recent ones too.  So starting at the beginning of 2017, I'm up to March of 2019.

Anyway, let's talk about the layout!  I used the Candlelight Christmas DSP and isn't it just so pretty?  I used a fancy pattern for the formal Christmas picture my mom insisted we take together and then most of the other pictures are the rest of us being silly ;) A few years ago, Stampin' Up! ran a promo where you could earn the Merry Patterns stamp set if you had a $300 party/order and by golly I wanted that stamp set and this is only the second time I've used it *rolls eyes at myself* Anyway, the page title and the candles are all multi-step stamps, so the outline is one stamp and then "season" is a fill-in patterned stamp and there's three fill-in stamps for the candles (two different ones for the candles, one for the flames).  I admit I chose the candles as an accent solely because of the name of the DSP, haha.  So somehow I managed to squeeze in nine photos and two different patterned papers and still had room for journaling and page accents.  Yep, I'm good.

 

Today's festive color palette:  Lucky Limeade, Real Red, Very Vanilla, and Early Espresso.  There's a wee bit of Primrose Petals on the patterned paper too.  I need to edit and upload a bunch of pictures to Winkflash so I can order that 5x7 for the other layout from this Christmas, I adore it too (it features our doggos).

Just a few days left until the new year starts.  Woo!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Merry Patterns
Ink:  Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Real Red, So Saffron
Paper:  Lucky Limeade, Real Red, Thick Very Vanilla, Candlelight Christmas DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: