Tuesday, December 22, 2020

SUO Challenges: Winter Wonderland

Mornin' y'all!  Christmas is in just a couple of days, which means the new year is right around the corner, which means we've almost made it to the end of one very tough year.  We've got time for one more challenge from SUO Challenges!






The theme this time around is WINTER!  I don't know about you, but I enjoy snuggling up in some nice cozy blankets with a cuppa tea and either a good book or a good movie in the wintertime.  I do love all the snowflakes and snowman images too though, so that's what I went with for today's card:

The hubs asked me for a birthday card for his coworker yesterday and I thought this snowman was just the ticket.  I didn't have much time, so I embossed the snowman in white on Pacific Point cardstock and then die cut--I thought it looked a bit like a snow globe when I added the sentiment underneath.  Super easy, doesn't take much time, but people who don't do papercrafting are always impressed with embossed stuff.  I kept trying to add more stuff to this card, but it insisted on staying CAS to let that amazing snowflake paper show off.  I did add just a little to the inside of the card:


Ya know, just in case you missed the snowflakes on the front :)  I also made the white panel the same size as the DSP panel on the front of the card; usually if I line the inside of a card I just make a little border all the way around but I liked this.

Your turn!  Make something winter-inspired and share it on the SUO Challenges blog here.  Peace, joy, and let's all yell JUMANJI! as soon as midnight hits on New Year's Eve, k?

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Snowman Season, Zany Zebras
Ink:  Versamark, Pacific Point, Balmy Blue
Paper:  Pacific Point, Balmy Blue, Whisper White, Snowflake Splendor DSP
Accessories:  White EP, Stitched Shapes dies, Tasteful Labels dies, Dimensionals


No comments: