Thursday, November 4, 2021

Retro Again

Mornin' y'all!  Okay, yesterday's joy about the resurrected keyboard may be premature--I think the number keypad at the far right is still glitchy :(  But at least I can type words, right?

I'm back with another quick card I made over the weekend, and another retired stamp set!


I was inspired to stamp this pretty Polished Pink phone when I saw the Fusion challenge:


I *might* have a typewriter stamp in my stash somewhere (...I think I do, actually) but when I saw the picture the first thing that popped in my head was the super-cute rotary phone from Timeless Talk.  We went to an "antiques" market last weekend (mostly old dishware and jewelry) and saw a rotary phone; hubs and I showed Ryan (he's 4) a rotary phone and were impressed that he knew it was a phone, even if he didn't know how it worked with the numbers spinning around.  My great-grandmother had a rotary phone (not as fabulous as this pink one though) so I have actually *used* one!

Okay, I've got to get my workout done so I can take Ryan to get us flu shots, and then it's off to work for me and daycare for him.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Timeless Talk
Ink:  Polished Pink, Coastal Cabana
Paper:  Gray Granite, Thick Basic White, Coastal Cabana DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Your card is so sweet! I know I certainly recall using a rotary phone! So glad you joined us at Fusion!

Claire Grantham said...

Oh the vintage phone is stunning! Love that you stamped it in pink! Thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge. Claire DT